Saturday, March 10, 2012

Orlena Parker - 2003

The death of 15 year old Orlena Parker was just one of the many cases where restraints led to death of the teenagers who were victimized by this act of powerplay by the staffmembers.

Orlena Parker was 15 years old with black hair more than 2 feet long. Her middle name was Leatrice. She was a member of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community of Arizona.

At some point she got a depression and for her to be cured she was sent to the Devereux Cleo Wallace residential treatment facility. She wasn't cured. She died there instead while being restrained by no less than 7 people.

An investigation was launced and the treatment center was cited but it didn't change the fact that she died and never saw her family again.

It is just one of these unheard tragedies no families with children suffering from depression want to to hear about but these tragedies do happen and apperently nothing is done to stop them.

Orlena Parker did only live 15 years of her life which should have been so much longer.

May she rest in peace.

Sources:

2 comments:

  1. Nobody will probably read this but I was orlenas roommate at Devereux Cleo Wallace in Colorado Springs I am 36 years old now and the day she passed will forever haunt me we went there for help in treatment and my friend died there were seven people on top of her and she screams they're crushing me we were screamed at to close our bedroom doors the moment she stopped breathing I remember the nurse with the short dark hair saying oh my God we killed her she's not breathing they would come in our room and do things to us like pinch us on our arms or pull us by her hair as we walk down the hallway just slightly my arm was broken during a restraint they took me to the hospital and told me I needed to tell them I broke it playing volleyball the abused that went on in that facility was downright shameful she lost her life because our lives were nothing to them it makes me very angry to this day because the police never talk to any of the kids on the unit they moved me units right after I will never let my friend's memory be forgotten and every year I post on my Facebook for her you just don't forget something like that it really sticks with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sorry you lost your friend and had to witness it. please know i read this, i hear you, i see you. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...