Friday, October 1, 2010

Dionte Pickens - 2000

No one knows what took place when 14 year old Dionte Pickens was found hanging from a leather belt in a cell in a facility run by the company Three Springs.

The leather belt was not something detainees had access to under normal circumstances, but the staff in charge was occupied by a video game at the time of the death, so whether someone took it to the cell and murdered Pickens or the leather belt was smuggled in remains a mystery.

10 years has passed and the investigation has not provided any answers to the family left behind in this tragedy.

It was ruled as a suicide, but maybe we will never know the truth.

References:
Victims 2000 - 4 (Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora Wiki)
Juvenile Center faces questions (The Dispatch - September 5 2001)
Questions Raised On Care After Juvenile Kills Himself (Lodi News-Sentinel - Sep 14, 2001)

1 comment:

  1. It has been 15 years since my big brother passed away and there still are no answers. All i know is that even though I was 6 at the time and i really didn't understand what was going on, I just missed my brother. Now that I'm 21 I am in college and pursuing a degree in criminal justice in the name of my brother to help prevent things like this from happening again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...